It is best to start planning on graduation and future after graduation long before your Senior year. Some students have things figured out in Junior High and some wait until they get closer to the date. With all you have to consider, we recommend you start putting together a wish list of items, before or upon entering high school:
Here are some tips to consider:
- Think about what you want for your life. Do you want to go to college or start a career straight out of high school. Make a list of 5-10 potential careers.
- Think about the lifestyle you want in your adult life. Then consider what you will need to do for the next four years to achieve your goals. Think of the classes you will need to take to get you closer to your goals.
- Check out our Careers Tab to get some ideas and take some quizzes!
- Remember that everyone’s timeline is different and you have time to figure things out. You are never trapped in a profession or job, you might work there for a time while you save and invest, but when you feel stable you can explore more options!
- Check in with your parents, friends, teachers and school counselors to see if they have advice for you too! The people who know us best often have good insight to your skills. Make sure to ask people who are trusted and safe. In the end, you are the one who has to actually do the things you set out to do, so make sure that you are trusted and safe for yourself as well!
Remember, you are never alone, and YOU GOT THIS!!
Click here to see Graduation Requirements
Click here to see important info for Seniors